Alicia is a kindred spirit of mine. She has a way about her writing and photos that really capture the beauty of raising a teenage daughter with autism and three NT daughters as well. Every year her daughter CB's school throws a special prom night for the students and their parents and the resulting photos and her recalling how the night went is simply beautiful. Just like her daughter.
Ooph: The Day My Son Disappeared
My friend Stefanie has an amazing blog where she writes about everything under the sun in California. In addition, part of her blog is a sounding board for bloggers who want to share their stories of raising teens and remain anonymous. This post is from that section.
Diary Of A Mom: Untitled
Sticks and stones may break our bones but words hurt more than anything.
And this video...this video gives me hope for humanity.
For those of you planning to link up with me on Friday for Special Needs Ryan Gosling here is this week's picture:
- Right click on the weekly photo (a new one is chosen each Wednesday) and save to your hard drive
- Upload to picmonkey.com and add your best "Hey Girl" words and save to your hard drive.
- Write a blog post including your Ryan Gosling picture and my Special Needs Ryan Gosling button (pictured above) and hit publish.
- Link up your post with mine which goes live at midnight on Friday.
- Visit the other bloggers who have linked up and laugh your ass off.
If you haven't seen my giveaway from Creative Kidstuff and their super awesome FLUFFIES made by Alex Toys you can enter to win a set for your child here.